Open canned coconut milk and stir with a spoon until oil and cream are well mixed.
2. Remove ⅓ of the canned milk and pour in a pan. Heat until just boiling and divide into two small bowls.
3. In one bowl, sprinkle in the gelatin until it blooms (AKA starts to ripple and take shape.) After 3-4 min, whisk together until dissolved and slightly frothy.
4. In the other bowl, stir in sweetener and lemon zest.
5. Combine the two bowls of split coconut milk and then the remaining coconut milk from the can.
6. Lastly, add the chia and stir well until seeds are evenly dispersed. Refrigerate for at least 1 hr and 15 minutes. (You could always make the base the night before and the compote fresh the next morning for breakfast.)
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan on low to medium heat until water has evaporated and berries are soft and broken down.
2. Take fresh berries and dump evenly across four small glasses (6-10 oz). A few inches is great.
3. Divide entire batch of coconut cream across four glasses.
4. Top cream with warm berry topping and additional fresh berries.
Feel free to add additional crunch if you have it on hand such as cacao nibs, hemp seeds, flax, nuts, or elimination diet approved granola. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you are unfamiliar with collagen gelatin, we like to use the grass fed + pastured raised collagen gelatin from Vital Proteins.