Post Workout Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
We know how important protein is post workout. In fact, adequate protein intake is absolutely critical for muscle repair and recovery.
BUT, what happens when you are not hungry enough for a meal and a shake just doesn’t sound appetizing? Well, this is where cookie dough comes into play. This recipe is so good, you will need to pace yourself!!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
A post-workout party for your taste buds.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter Or really, any nut butter of choice!
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4.5 TBSP grass fed whey protein powder We used SFH Vanilla Grass Fed Whey Protein SFH Vanilla Grass Fed Whey Protein
- 1/3 cup cassava flour
- Optional mix ins such as coconut flakes, cacao nibs or chocolate chips!
Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and the wet ingredients in a small bowl. (The wet ingredients mix best if you use a blender on low but this is not completely necessary.)
Once both mixtures are evenly mixed, slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry until even.
Fold in toppings of choice!
Eat immediately or refrigerate for an hour for a more chilled experience. This tastes great right off the spoon or on top of something such as a sliced apple or sweet potato "toast". You can't go wrong!
For more info on grass fed protein, check out our review of the best!